Taliban may target oil depots, grid stations in Pak Punjab
Lahore: Pakistan Intelligence agencies have warned that the Taliban could target oil depots, grid stations, railway tracks and river bridges in Punjab.
According to a notification issued by the provincial Home Department, the Taliban has already dispatched a teenage suicide bomber to target government buildings and other important installations in the province.
The Interior Ministry has directed security agencies to beef-up security in and around all important locations.
Security has been put on high-alert across the region following the threat.
Recently there have been reports stating that three explosive-laden vehicles had entered Punjab intending to target important installations there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi