Taliban may target oil depots, grid stations in Pak Punjab
Lahore: Pakistan Intelligence agencies have warned that the Taliban could target oil depots, grid stations, railway tracks and river bridges in Punjab.
According to a notification issued by the provincial Home Department, the Taliban has already dispatched a teenage suicide bomber to target government buildings and other important installations in the province.
The Interior Ministry has directed security agencies to beef-up security in and around all important locations.
Security has been put on high-alert across the region following the threat.
Recently there have been reports stating that three explosive-laden vehicles had entered Punjab intending to target important installations there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen