Taliban militants` bodies found in graveyard in Pak
Islamabad: The bodies of six Taliban militants were found in a graveyard in the Darra Adam Khel area of northwest Pakistan after they were killed in a clash with a pro-government militia.
The six militants from the Tariq Afridi faction of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan died in a skirmish with the pro-government Momin group late on Saturday, media reports said today.
One of the dead was identified as militant commander Shakeel Afridi from Khyber tribal region.
The local political administration launched a probe after the bodies were found in the graveyard yesterday. In a separate development, militants attacked the home of a tribal elder in Akhorwal area yesterday but fled after security forces reached the area and retaliated.
The troops subsequently targeted militant positions with artillery though there were no reports of casualties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'