Taliban militants` bodies found in graveyard in Pak
Islamabad: The bodies of six Taliban militants were found in a graveyard in the Darra Adam Khel area of northwest Pakistan after they were killed in a clash with a pro-government militia.
The six militants from the Tariq Afridi faction of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan died in a skirmish with the pro-government Momin group late on Saturday, media reports said today.
One of the dead was identified as militant commander Shakeel Afridi from Khyber tribal region.
The local political administration launched a probe after the bodies were found in the graveyard yesterday. In a separate development, militants attacked the home of a tribal elder in Akhorwal area yesterday but fled after security forces reached the area and retaliated.
The troops subsequently targeted militant positions with artillery though there were no reports of casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon