Taliban militants kill 16 Afghan soldiers
Faizabad: Anti-government militants ambushed and killed over a dozen soldiers of the national army in Afghanistan`s Badakhshan province, 315 km northeast of Kabul, a local official confirmed on Wednesday.
"The militants raided a convoy of the national army in Wardoj district on Monday leaving 16 soldiers dead and captured seven others," District Governor Dawlat Mohammad told Xinhua.
Those involved in the deadly ambush, included Taliban insurgents, militants loyal to the radical Islamic party the Hizb-e-Islami and drug traffickers, he said.
Spokesman of Badakhshan provincial administration Abdul Marouf Rasikh in talks with Xinhua confirmed the deadly incident, saying the villagers received the 16 dead bodies and the captured ones from militants on Tuesday and handed them over to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested