Taliban militants stone woman to death in Pakistan
Orakzai: Taliban militants have allegedly stoned a woman to death in Orakzai, Pakistan.
The execution, which allegedly took place two months ago, has been revealed in a video reportedly smuggled out by a Taliban member who passed to it Al Aan, a Dubai-based television channel that deals with women’s issues.
The grainy footage shows a group of men repeatedly throwing stones at a woman who is lying on the ground with her hands tied.
She appears to plead for help, but despite her cries, the militants continue to rain stones down on her until she lies still, The Daily Mail reports.
The woman was believed to have been executed for being seen with a man
Stoning is a routine punishment for adultery in Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Under the Taliban rule, being seen alone with a man is sufficient crime alone to warrant the death penalty.
The video follows the case of Sakineh Ashtiani, who has been convicted of murder and adultery under Sharia law in Iran.
It is thought that the international outrage caused by her case has led her sentence to be commuted from death by stoning to hanging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply