Taliban militants stone woman to death in Pakistan
Orakzai: Taliban militants have allegedly stoned a woman to death in Orakzai, Pakistan.
The execution, which allegedly took place two months ago, has been revealed in a video reportedly smuggled out by a Taliban member who passed to it Al Aan, a Dubai-based television channel that deals with women’s issues.
The grainy footage shows a group of men repeatedly throwing stones at a woman who is lying on the ground with her hands tied.
She appears to plead for help, but despite her cries, the militants continue to rain stones down on her until she lies still, The Daily Mail reports.
The woman was believed to have been executed for being seen with a man
Stoning is a routine punishment for adultery in Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Under the Taliban rule, being seen alone with a man is sufficient crime alone to warrant the death penalty.
The video follows the case of Sakineh Ashtiani, who has been convicted of murder and adultery under Sharia law in Iran.
It is thought that the international outrage caused by her case has led her sentence to be commuted from death by stoning to hanging.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'