Taliban militants torch TVs, mobiles in Waziristan
Islamabad: The Pakistani Taliban confiscated computers, television sets and mobile phones from residents of the largest town of the restive South Waziristan tribal region and set them on fire at a market, according to a media report on Saturday.
The militants set on fire over a dozen computers,
television sets and cellular phones and several cassettes at
the bazar in Wana, the main town of South Waziristan Agency,
The Taliban militants, who belonged to a faction led by
Maulvi Nazeer, said they had already banned the use of TV sets
and computers for watching movies and playing music.
They said they had also banned mobile phones with
The militants, who claimed people were defying their ban,
seized over a dozen TV sets, computers and mobile phones and
several cassettes, reportedly with music, from local
residents, The News daily reported.
Before burning the items they had confiscated, the
militants closed the main road passing through Wana?s Rustam
A large number of tribesmen gathered to watch the
militants burning the TV sets and computers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know