Taliban publicly execute three `US spies`
Peshawar: Taliban militants on Sunday publicly
executed three men they had accused of spying for the US in
the lawless North Waziristan tribal region of northwest
Pakistan, officials said.
The tribesmen, who were blindfolded and had their
hands tied behind their backs, were shot dead one by one by a
militant wearing a black mask on a road near Miranshah, the
main town of the restive North Waziristan Agency.
Before shooting the three men, militants asked local
residents to "come and witness the fate of US spies",
The tribesmen killed by the militants were all below
30 years of age. Scores of people watched the executions held
in an open ground.
North Waziristan is considered the bastion of several
Taliban factions, including the Haqqani network that often
attacks US and allied forces across the border in Afghanistan.
Taliban `shuras` or councils usually decide the fate
of people accused of spying for the US and they are often
summarily executed by the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’