Taliban recruited soldier who killed French troops
Peshawar: The Afghan Taliban said on Saturday they had recruited an Afghan soldier who shot dead four French soldiers in the country`s east a day earlier, prompting France to threaten an early pullout from the NATO-led war.
"The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan has recruited people in important positions. Some of them have already accomplished their missions," Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said, using another name the Islamist group call themselves.
A regional Taliban commander added that incidents such as a video showing US marines urinating on corpses was boosting support for the group among Afghans and threatened more attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?