Taliban release video of 17 beheaded Pak soldiers
Kabul: The Taliban have released a video, which they say shows the heads of Pakistani soldiers who they captured in a cross-border raid from Afghanistan and beheaded.
The beheading, claimed by the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, took place on Sunday when Taliban militants from Afghanistan infiltrated into the northwestern district of Upper Dir.
A senior security official in Peshawar confirmed that a total of 17 soldiers were targeted by the attackers who came from Afghanistan’s Kunar province.
“Six troops were killed on the first day and another seven were slaughtered the next day,” News24 quoted the official, as saying.
“Four were missing and now they have also been beheaded,” the official added.
According to the report, the video prepared by the Taliban`s media wing shows 17 severed heads of soldiers placed on a white sheet while masked men stand behind clutching assault rifles captured from the soldiers.
Local security officials confirmed that all the victims were Pakistani soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan