Taliban say not behind Karachi suicide blast
Karachi: The Taliban have disassociated
themselves from a militant commander`s claim that the group
was behind the suicide attack on a Muharram procession of
Pakistani Shia Muslims here that killed 43 people.
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan spokesman Azam Tariq said his
group was not behind the suicide bombing of the procession in
Karachi on December 28.
Speaking from an undisclosed location, Tariq told
reporters yesterday that militant commander Asmatullah Shaheen
may have accepted responsibility for the attack on behalf of
his own faction.
The central leadership of the Tehrik-e-Taliban had
nothing to do with Shaheen`s claim or the attack, Tariq said.
He said the Tehrik-e-Taliban had not carried out the
attack as it has nothing to do with sectarian activities.
Shaheen had not consulted the Tehrik-e-Taliban`s central
leadership before claiming responsibility for the attack and
he would be "interrogated" in this regard, Tariq said.
On Wednesday, Shaheen, a little-known militant commander,
had called reporters in Peshawar and claimed responsibility
for the attack that killed 43 people.
He had also warned that his men would carry out more such
strikes in the next 10 days.
Shaheen had said he was claiming responsibility for the
attack as it had been assigned to his faction by
Tehrik-e-Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud and Qari Hussain, the
trainer of suicide bombers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon