Taliban sent hit squad after teenage activist
Khar: A spokesman for the Taliban`s Swat Valley chapter says its leadership decided already two months ago to kill a 14-year-old activist, who was shot and seriously wounded this week and then sent out a hit squad to carry out the job.
A spokesman, Sirajuddin Ahmad, says Malala Yousufzai was warned three times to stop her activities promoting "Western thinking," but she did not.
He said the last warning was conveyed a week ago.
Ahmad said two of the attackers had expertise in shooting people in the head. The hit squad carefully examined the girl`s route from school to her home.
The shooting of the teenage activist who spoke out in support of girls` education and against Taliban atrocities has horrified many in Pakistan and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2 fraudulent websites selling LED under UJALA, govt gets in action
- AAP blames central government for action against Bhagwant Mann
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Honour killing in Kairana: Youth shot at by father-in-law in for marrying girl against parents' choice