Taliban stoops to new low, deploys children as suicide bombers
Zee Media Bureau
Kabul: In another attempt to create its terror on foreign troops and government forces in Afganistan, reports suggest that Taliban has started to exploit children to pose as suicide bombers.
The shocking revelation on Taliban has come from Human Rights groups and Government officials in Afghanistan.
"It was two years ago when a man gave me a heavy bag tied with wires and connected to a button. The man told me that whenever I see security forces around I should get closer and press the button," Sami Ullah told Xinhua from a prison in Kandahar city in southern Afghanistan, the former stronghold of the Taliban.
Sami, a 16-year-old lad, revealed that he didn’t know the meaning of suicide attack and was being wrongly influenced by the Taliban.
"When I was arrested I was just 14 years old, it is now 23 months that I have been in prison. I hate the Taliban because they deceived me and I could have blown myself had I pressed the button of the device which at that time I did not know was a bomb," Sami said.
Thousands of children are being recruited and trained on to commit the heinous terror attacks, as reported.
Another victim of such exploitations by Taliban, Gul Mohammad, 17, was arrested a month back from Kandahar city, 450 km south from Kabul.
According to the sources, the children belonging to the poverty-stricken families are being targeted by the Taliban militants to carry out such attacks.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened