Taliban suspected in wedding blast: Afghan police
Kabul: Afghanistan`s interior minister says the initial investigation into a bloody bombing at a wedding hall suggests the Taliban and terrorists were responsible for the suicide attack.
A prominent ex-Uzbek warlord turned lawmaker was among 23 killed when a suicide bomber got close to him at his daughter`s wedding, then blew himself up.
Interior Minister Bismullah Khan Mohammadi was in Samangan province in northern Afghanistan today to attend the funeral of one of three security force officials who were killed in yesterday blast in the provincial capital of Aybak.
Mohammadi says a government-appointed delegation is investigating, but that evidence has already surfaced indicating that the Taliban and terrorists were involved.
The Taliban have not claimed responsibility for the attack, nor have they denied that they were behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader
- Trump economics would 'bankrupt America', says Clinton
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today