Taliban suspected in wedding blast: Afghan police
Kabul: Afghanistan`s interior minister says the initial investigation into a bloody bombing at a wedding hall suggests the Taliban and terrorists were responsible for the suicide attack.
A prominent ex-Uzbek warlord turned lawmaker was among 23 killed when a suicide bomber got close to him at his daughter`s wedding, then blew himself up.
Interior Minister Bismullah Khan Mohammadi was in Samangan province in northern Afghanistan today to attend the funeral of one of three security force officials who were killed in yesterday blast in the provincial capital of Aybak.
Mohammadi says a government-appointed delegation is investigating, but that evidence has already surfaced indicating that the Taliban and terrorists were involved.
The Taliban have not claimed responsibility for the attack, nor have they denied that they were behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation