Taliban suspected in wedding blast: Afghan police
Kabul: Afghanistan`s interior minister says the initial investigation into a bloody bombing at a wedding hall suggests the Taliban and terrorists were responsible for the suicide attack.
A prominent ex-Uzbek warlord turned lawmaker was among 23 killed when a suicide bomber got close to him at his daughter`s wedding, then blew himself up.
Interior Minister Bismullah Khan Mohammadi was in Samangan province in northern Afghanistan today to attend the funeral of one of three security force officials who were killed in yesterday blast in the provincial capital of Aybak.
Mohammadi says a government-appointed delegation is investigating, but that evidence has already surfaced indicating that the Taliban and terrorists were involved.
The Taliban have not claimed responsibility for the attack, nor have they denied that they were behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station