Taliban vows to wage jihad to implement Sharia in Pak
Islamabad: With a little more than a month to go for Pakistan`s general election, Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah Mehsud has described democracy as a system of "kafirs" (non-believers) and vowed to wage jihad to implement Islamic law in the country.
In a video message issued today, Mehsud said the Taliban want the enforcement of Shariah or Islamic law in Pakistan.
Geo News channel quoted Mehsud as saying that he does not favour democracy.
The Taliban chief claimed that "kafirs" want to divide Muslims in the name of democracy.
The Taliban want an Islamic nation and "Allah`s system" in Pakistan, he said.
Shariah will be implemented through jihad and a time would come when there would be a caliphate, Mehsud claimed.
He further claimed that the Pakistan government and the US were hatching conspiracies to make Muslims fight among themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015