Taliban warn of guerrilla warfare against Pak army
Islamabad: The Pakistani Taliban on Tuesday
threatened they would launch a guerrilla war once security
forces entered the whole of the South Waziristan tribal
region, where a military operation is currently underway.
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan spokesman Azam Tariq said
the militants have retreated from various areas in South
Waziristan as part of a strategy.
"We have vacated the areas in accordance with our war
strategy and our fighters will launch a guerrilla war after
Pakistani forces enter deep into all areas (in South
Waziristan)," Tariq said to a TV news channel.
The Pakistani military today said troops had entered
the Taliban stronghold of Sararogha in South Waziristan.
Security forces had earlier secured other militant
bases like Kaniguram and Kotkai, the hometown of
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah Mehsud.
Pakistan has mobilised over 30,000 soldiers to flush
out an estimated 10,000 Taliban militants and foreign fighters
from South Waziristan.
The military says over 340 militants and about 36
soldiers have died so far in fighting though these figures
cannot be independently verified as journalists have no access
to the conflict zone.
The Taliban have been blamed for a wave of audacious
suicide attacks and bombings across Pakistan that has killed
hundreds over the past few weeks.
Thirty-five people were killed when a suicide bomber
blew himself outside a bank near the army’s headquarters in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself