Taliban warns Pak against military action in North Waziristan
Miranshah: A Taliban shura has warned the Pakistan government that a military operation in North Waziristan Agency would lead to a war in the region.
In a pamphlet addressed to the people of North Waziristan, the Taliban have appealed to the people of North Waziristan Agency to relocate themselves in a ‘peaceful’ area in Afghanistan before the beginning of any such clash the Daily Times reports.
The Taliban shura said it had been honouring the agreement it signed with the government and had not attacked security forces since then, but Islamabad was violating the agreement to serve its vested interests.
According to the pamphlet issued by the Taliban, the government was taking advantage of the situation, by establishing a spy network in the agency and killing several militants and civilians.
The pamphlet said that according to the accord, the government had agreed to withdraw troops from Janikhel and Bakkakhel areas of the tribal agency, however, the number of troops had increased there since the agreement.
The shura said Army checkposts still existed in these areas and the authorities were even checking women’s identity cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Shraddha Kapoor happy to be replaced by Alia Bhatt in ‘Aashiqui 3’?
- RJD MP who said, 'Nitish looting Bihar in name of development', gets show cause notice
- Secy panel on 7th CPC to have key meeting on June 11; salary hikes unlikely to come in July
- PM Modi to attend 2nd International Yoga Day at Chandigarh
- President Pranab Mukherjee appoints Kiran Bedi as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry