Taliban won`t attack Pakistani nukes
Islamabad: Pakistan was the "only" Muslim state to have a nuclear arsenal and the Taliban have no plans to destroy the weapons, the outfit`s spokesman has said.
Fears have escalated of a larger assault by the Taliban after an attack on a Karachi naval base killed 14 people.
Pakistan now fears its sizable nuclear arsenal could be vulnerable, reported the News International.
Taliban spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan dismissed those concerns as the US` "excuse" to pressure the Pakistan government into fighting the Taliban, who he portrayed as the country`s "true protectors".
"Pakistan is the only Muslim nuclear power state," Ehsan told the Wall Street Journal in a telephonic interview from an undisclosed location. He said the Taliban had no intention of changing that fact.
He mocked Pakistan`s willingness to work with the US, saying: "Isn`t it a shame for us to have the Islamic bomb, and even then we are bowing down to the pressures of America."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!