Talibani suicide bomber kills Afghans, 3 NATO troops
Kabul: At least 14 people, including three NATO soldiers, were killed when a suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden motorcycle into a bunch of Afghan and NATO forces on Monday morning in eastern Afghanistan.
Those killed included three NATO service members and their translator, Coalition spokesman Maj. Adam Wojack confirmed.
The responsibility for the attack has been claimed by Taliban in a text message.
A group of Afghan police and international troops had just got out of their vehicles and walking through a market area in Khost city, when the suicide bomber drove his bike into them, said provincial government spokesman Baryalai Wakman.
Six civilians and four police officers were killed in the blast, Wakman added but he stopped short of confirming the exact location of the blast or the nationalities of those killed.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in text messages to media that the insurgent group was behind the attack.
The shootings marked the total death toll of US troops in Afghanistan at 2000.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM