Talibani suicide bomber kills Afghans, 3 NATO troops
Kabul: At least 14 people, including three NATO soldiers, were killed when a suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden motorcycle into a bunch of Afghan and NATO forces on Monday morning in eastern Afghanistan.
Those killed included three NATO service members and their translator, Coalition spokesman Maj. Adam Wojack confirmed.
The responsibility for the attack has been claimed by Taliban in a text message.
A group of Afghan police and international troops had just got out of their vehicles and walking through a market area in Khost city, when the suicide bomber drove his bike into them, said provincial government spokesman Baryalai Wakman.
Six civilians and four police officers were killed in the blast, Wakman added but he stopped short of confirming the exact location of the blast or the nationalities of those killed.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in text messages to media that the insurgent group was behind the attack.
The shootings marked the total death toll of US troops in Afghanistan at 2000.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony