Talibani suicide bomber kills Afghans, 3 NATO troops
Kabul: At least 14 people, including three NATO soldiers, were killed when a suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden motorcycle into a bunch of Afghan and NATO forces on Monday morning in eastern Afghanistan.
Those killed included three NATO service members and their translator, Coalition spokesman Maj. Adam Wojack confirmed.
The responsibility for the attack has been claimed by Taliban in a text message.
A group of Afghan police and international troops had just got out of their vehicles and walking through a market area in Khost city, when the suicide bomber drove his bike into them, said provincial government spokesman Baryalai Wakman.
Six civilians and four police officers were killed in the blast, Wakman added but he stopped short of confirming the exact location of the blast or the nationalities of those killed.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in text messages to media that the insurgent group was behind the attack.
The shootings marked the total death toll of US troops in Afghanistan at 2000.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics