Talks only after PM resigns: Nepal Maoists
Kathmandu: The Unified CPN (Maoist) has decided that it will only sit for talks with the government and ruling parties after Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal resigns.
Responding to a letter written by Nepal to the UCPN (Maoist), inviting them for talks, the party said talks would only be held after he resigns.
Following a standing committee meeting of the party, Maoist spokesperson Dina Nath Sharma said: "We have decided to go for talks with the government if the prime minister resigns."
The Unified CPN (Maoist) has sought support from various fringe parties in Parliament in a bid to change the government.
They invited 12 political parties including the Madhesi Jandhikar Forum (MJF), Rastriya Janamukti Party, Janata Dal, Dalit Janajati Party, Nepa: Rastriya Party, Chure Bhawar Ekata Party, Nepal Pariwar Dal, Nepal Loktantrik Samajwadi Dal and Sanghiya Loktantrik Rastriya Manch for a meeting at the party headquarters in Parisdanda and asked them to support its agenda.
According to Nepalnews, Maoist leaders also tried to convince fringe parties to support them in a no-confidence motion, if required.
The party has decided to hold a mass assembly on May 25 in the course of the agitation.
They are demanding a government response after withdrawing the strike that paralysed the nation for six days.
Maoist chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal alias Prachanda had remarked it was the government`s responsibility to find the path of consensus after the withdrawal of the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Bihar journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder: Major breakthrough - Five shooters arrested in connection with case
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives