Talks with Haqqani network possible: US
Islamabad: US Ambassador to Pakistan Richard Olson has said that it is possible to initiate talks with al Qaeda-linked terror outfit Haqqani network.
Olson, during an interview with the BBC, also expressed the strong possibility that the US` latest reconciliation policy could be applied to all extremist groups, and as such the Haqqani network also stood a chance to benefit, reports The News.
However, regarding the Pakistani chapter of the Haqqani network, he said that taking any further action against the ``most bothersome`` Haqqani network was the responsibility of Pakistan`s government.
Olson also acknowledged the sacrifices rendered by Pakistan in its 10-year war against terrorism. He expressed deep gratitude and appreciation of Pakistan`s sacrifices, which had also suffered quite a blow to country`s internal infrastructure and developmental progress.
"We understand that Pakistan faces challenges similar to America in fight against terrorism, besides the challenge of terrorism. Tackling it was the foremost duty of government and masses of Pakistan," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal