Talks with moderate Taliban possible in Afghanistan: Russia
Moscow: Russia believes a dialogue with moderate Taliban is possible in Afghanistan on certain terms to promote peace in the war ravaged country.
"We are convinced that national reconciliation in Afghanistan is possible only in case of a dialogue with the moderate wing of the Taliban on condition it recognises the national constitution, disarms and disrupts ties with al Qaeda," Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexei Borodavkin has said.
However, there can be no talk with radicals.
"Attempts to agree with extremists and concessions to them lead to nothing good. Terrorists use respite to gather forces and spread their influence, and Afghan authorities
should take it into account," the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- French PM `relieved` Austrian ecologist beat far-right presidential rival
- We will see how Trinamool MPs return from Delhi: Bengal BJP chief
- Take inspiration from Shilpa Shetty if you wish to lose that post-pregnancy weight!
- Benjam Netanyahu rejects French peace initiative, offers to meet Mahmoud Abbas
- Watch: This self-healing insulator can fix the cracks in all your e-wearables!