Talks with moderate Taliban possible in Afghanistan: Russia
Moscow: Russia believes a dialogue with moderate Taliban is possible in Afghanistan on certain terms to promote peace in the war ravaged country.
"We are convinced that national reconciliation in Afghanistan is possible only in case of a dialogue with the moderate wing of the Taliban on condition it recognises the national constitution, disarms and disrupts ties with al Qaeda," Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexei Borodavkin has said.
However, there can be no talk with radicals.
"Attempts to agree with extremists and concessions to them lead to nothing good. Terrorists use respite to gather forces and spread their influence, and Afghan authorities
should take it into account," the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred