Talks with moderate Taliban possible in Afghanistan: Russia
Moscow: Russia believes a dialogue with moderate Taliban is possible in Afghanistan on certain terms to promote peace in the war ravaged country.
"We are convinced that national reconciliation in Afghanistan is possible only in case of a dialogue with the moderate wing of the Taliban on condition it recognises the national constitution, disarms and disrupts ties with al Qaeda," Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexei Borodavkin has said.
However, there can be no talk with radicals.
"Attempts to agree with extremists and concessions to them lead to nothing good. Terrorists use respite to gather forces and spread their influence, and Afghan authorities
should take it into account," the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok