Talks with moderate Taliban possible in Afghanistan: Russia
Moscow: Russia believes a dialogue with moderate Taliban is possible in Afghanistan on certain terms to promote peace in the war ravaged country.
"We are convinced that national reconciliation in Afghanistan is possible only in case of a dialogue with the moderate wing of the Taliban on condition it recognises the national constitution, disarms and disrupts ties with al Qaeda," Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexei Borodavkin has said.
However, there can be no talk with radicals.
"Attempts to agree with extremists and concessions to them lead to nothing good. Terrorists use respite to gather forces and spread their influence, and Afghan authorities
should take it into account," the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding