Tanveer Faiz takes over as Commander of Pak Navy fleet
Islamabad: Rear Admiral Tanveer Faiz has taken over as Commander of the Pakistan Navy fleet while Rear Admiral Asif Sandila is the new chief of the Logistics Command.
Faiz will exercise full operational and administrative control over all fleet units, including destroyers, missile boats, submarines, the naval air arm and other supporting establishments, said an official statement issued today.
Sandila will be in-charge of all naval construction and repair facilities, logistics units and depots.
Faiz was commissioned in the operations branch of the Pakistan Navy in 1975 and joined the submarine service. He served on various operational billets and commanded two submarines and a guided missile destroyer.
He also served as commander of the submarine squadron, Director of Naval Intelligence and naval attaché to China.
Before taking over as Commander of Logistics, Sandila served as Commander of the Pakistan Fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj
- After Gilgit, PoK and Balochistan, 'azaadi' slogans resonate in Pakistan's Sindh – Watch