Tanveer Faiz takes over as Commander of Pak Navy fleet
Islamabad: Rear Admiral Tanveer Faiz has taken over as Commander of the Pakistan Navy fleet while Rear Admiral Asif Sandila is the new chief of the Logistics Command.
Faiz will exercise full operational and administrative control over all fleet units, including destroyers, missile boats, submarines, the naval air arm and other supporting establishments, said an official statement issued today.
Sandila will be in-charge of all naval construction and repair facilities, logistics units and depots.
Faiz was commissioned in the operations branch of the Pakistan Navy in 1975 and joined the submarine service. He served on various operational billets and commanded two submarines and a guided missile destroyer.
He also served as commander of the submarine squadron, Director of Naval Intelligence and naval attaché to China.
Before taking over as Commander of Logistics, Sandila served as Commander of the Pakistan Fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise