Tanveer Faiz takes over as Commander of Pak Navy fleet
Islamabad: Rear Admiral Tanveer Faiz has taken over as Commander of the Pakistan Navy fleet while Rear Admiral Asif Sandila is the new chief of the Logistics Command.
Faiz will exercise full operational and administrative control over all fleet units, including destroyers, missile boats, submarines, the naval air arm and other supporting establishments, said an official statement issued today.
Sandila will be in-charge of all naval construction and repair facilities, logistics units and depots.
Faiz was commissioned in the operations branch of the Pakistan Navy in 1975 and joined the submarine service. He served on various operational billets and commanded two submarines and a guided missile destroyer.
He also served as commander of the submarine squadron, Director of Naval Intelligence and naval attaché to China.
Before taking over as Commander of Logistics, Sandila served as Commander of the Pakistan Fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport