Taseer`s widow wins right to sell Singapore property
Singapore: The widow of Salmaan Taseer, the slain governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province, has won the right to sell a multi-million dollar bungalow on a Singapore resort, after the Court of Appeal here dismissed her step children`s plea that she be stopped from doing so.
Aamna Taseer now has the right to sell the Senatosa Cove bungalow, which she had bought with her husband in 2007 for SGD 11 million (USD 8.8 million).
The property valued at SGD 16 million (USD 12.85 million) last year.
The late governor`s three grown up children from first marriage -- Shaan Taseer, Sanam Taseer and Sara Taseer Shoaib -- had appealed in the Singapore Court of Appeal that the property was bought with their father`s money, in a bid to stop Aamna Taseer from selling it.
In February 2012, the trio lost their right to the property in the High Court here, following which they moved the Court of Appeal.
The Court of Appeal, comprising Singapore Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong and Judges of Appeal Andrew Phang and V K Rajah, dismissed the three children`s appeal last week, the Straits Times reported on Tuesday.
The property formed a major portion of the late governor`s estate, according to 42-year-old Taseer Shoaib, a jewellery designer who lives in Singapore. His two siblings live in Pakistan.
Aamna Taseer now has the right to the Singapore bungalow.
The 66-year old Governor was gunned down in Islamabad in January last year by his own security guard.
The Governor died without a will and his children Shaan, Sanam and Sara had earlier obtained a Pakistani court order forbidding Aamna from selling the Singapore bungalow, according to the local media here.
The trio had also claimed that their father never gave anything of value to Aamna.
They claimed that Aamna was a joint tenant of the bungalow and actually only holding the property in trust of her late husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter