Tata Nano to roll out in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Tata Nano will soon roll out in
Bangladesh with its sole distributor here saying that the
first consignment of the vehicles could be on the streets by
"Fortunately Nano has been made for the middle income
people who want to have a car at a reasonable price (and) I
think Bangladesh is the most suitable country for the Nano
vehicles," Chairman of Tata Niloy Group`, appointed as the
sole distributor of the car, Matlub Ahmed told reporters here.
Ahmed said Tata Niloy would import the Nano family cars
which could accommodate four people.
Meanwhile, Tata Motors India Managing Director Prakash M
Telang, speaking to reporters in Mumbai, said: "We have not
finalised anything concretely on the Bangladesh entry".
Officials in the commerce ministry here were not
immediately available for comments because of a government
Government officials had earlier said that a proposal was
pending to allow import of the Nano cars.
Ahmed said the Niloy group planned to initially import up
to 2,000 Nano cars.
But, it would be raised with the higher demand that is
expected to create ground for setting up a Nano assembling
plant by next one and half years time, he said.
Ahmed said the Nano car was likely to cost around Taka
5,00,000 in Bangladesh considering the existing custom duty
and that his company could sell between 500 to 1000 cars per
month due to their "low-price, smaller shape and reliability".
Currently India`s Ambassador and Maruti cars are widely
seen on the streets here operating as taxis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail