Tata Nano to roll out in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Tata Nano will soon roll out in
Bangladesh with its sole distributor here saying that the
first consignment of the vehicles could be on the streets by
"Fortunately Nano has been made for the middle income
people who want to have a car at a reasonable price (and) I
think Bangladesh is the most suitable country for the Nano
vehicles," Chairman of Tata Niloy Group`, appointed as the
sole distributor of the car, Matlub Ahmed told reporters here.
Ahmed said Tata Niloy would import the Nano family cars
which could accommodate four people.
Meanwhile, Tata Motors India Managing Director Prakash M
Telang, speaking to reporters in Mumbai, said: "We have not
finalised anything concretely on the Bangladesh entry".
Officials in the commerce ministry here were not
immediately available for comments because of a government
Government officials had earlier said that a proposal was
pending to allow import of the Nano cars.
Ahmed said the Niloy group planned to initially import up
to 2,000 Nano cars.
But, it would be raised with the higher demand that is
expected to create ground for setting up a Nano assembling
plant by next one and half years time, he said.
Ahmed said the Nano car was likely to cost around Taka
5,00,000 in Bangladesh considering the existing custom duty
and that his company could sell between 500 to 1000 cars per
month due to their "low-price, smaller shape and reliability".
Currently India`s Ambassador and Maruti cars are widely
seen on the streets here operating as taxis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister