Teacher gang-raped in Pakistan
Islamabad: A 26-year-old school teacher was kidnapped and gang-raped while on her way to work in Pakistan`s central Punjab province.
The woman was found lying in a field in Khanewal, near Multan city, yesterday.
She was taken to a hospital in Jhang and a medico-legal examination at a nearby rural health centre confirmed she had been raped.
Doctors at the centre said she might need surgery.
Police registered a case against three suspects named by the woman`s family, The Express Tribune reported.
Police officials said the teacher was kidnapped on her way to school on April 08. She was tortured and gang-raped before being left in the field near her home.
Some neighbours saw the woman and informed police. She told police that three men had forced her into a car and taken her to Shorkot in Jhang district. She said five men had raped her over two days.
When her condition deteriorated, they threw her in the field and fled, she said.
Residents of the area condemned the incident and demanded that the rapists be publicly hanged.
Police officer Zulfiqar Ahmed said his men were looking for the suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok