Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan`s operational commander arrested
Banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan`s operational commander and an unidentified foreigner have been arrested by intelligence operatives in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
They were arrested when security forces and police jointly raided a house in Kheshgi.
The two men were taken to an unknown location.
The sources told the daily that they had arrived in Nowshera to attack provincial Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain.
District police chief Muhammad Hussain said a suspect had been arrested but rejected reports that Basit and his foreign accomplice had been captured.
The sources said Basit was wanted by police for several suicide bombings and attacks on government installations across Punjab and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill