Ten Bangladeshi nationals die in Bahrain fire
Dhaka: Ten Bangladeshi nationals working in Bahrain were killed on the spot when a fire engulfed their house early on Sunday.
Confirming the deaths, Bangladesh`s first secretary (labour) in Bahrain Muhammad Ibrahim said the victims, all hailing from south-eastern city of Comilla, died due to suffocation from heavy smoke after fire broke out from an electric short circuit at their house in Rifa, 30 kilometres from capital Manama.
All the 10 died on the spot as billowing smoke engulfed their residence, he said, adding the workers had already succumbed to suffocation by the time the firemen could reach the site after breaking the house`s wall, The Daily Star reported.
"There was little arrangement for ventilation in that house," Ibrahim was quoted as saying by the newspaper.
Labour department has already checked the fingerprints of the deceased and found that they entered Bahrain legally. The bodies were kept at a local hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family