Ten Bangladeshi nationals die in Bahrain fire
Dhaka: Ten Bangladeshi nationals working in Bahrain were killed on the spot when a fire engulfed their house early on Sunday.
Confirming the deaths, Bangladesh`s first secretary (labour) in Bahrain Muhammad Ibrahim said the victims, all hailing from south-eastern city of Comilla, died due to suffocation from heavy smoke after fire broke out from an electric short circuit at their house in Rifa, 30 kilometres from capital Manama.
All the 10 died on the spot as billowing smoke engulfed their residence, he said, adding the workers had already succumbed to suffocation by the time the firemen could reach the site after breaking the house`s wall, The Daily Star reported.
"There was little arrangement for ventilation in that house," Ibrahim was quoted as saying by the newspaper.
Labour department has already checked the fingerprints of the deceased and found that they entered Bahrain legally. The bodies were kept at a local hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered