Ten Bangladeshi nationals die in Bahrain fire
Dhaka: Ten Bangladeshi nationals working in Bahrain were killed on the spot when a fire engulfed their house early on Sunday.
Confirming the deaths, Bangladesh`s first secretary (labour) in Bahrain Muhammad Ibrahim said the victims, all hailing from south-eastern city of Comilla, died due to suffocation from heavy smoke after fire broke out from an electric short circuit at their house in Rifa, 30 kilometres from capital Manama.
All the 10 died on the spot as billowing smoke engulfed their residence, he said, adding the workers had already succumbed to suffocation by the time the firemen could reach the site after breaking the house`s wall, The Daily Star reported.
"There was little arrangement for ventilation in that house," Ibrahim was quoted as saying by the newspaper.
Labour department has already checked the fingerprints of the deceased and found that they entered Bahrain legally. The bodies were kept at a local hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming