Ten killed as heavy rain lashes Lahore
Lahore: At least 10 people, including three children, were killed and several others injured on Saturday in rain-related incidents in Lahore.
Five buildings collapsed in Shah Jamal, Jallo Morr, Walton Road, Ameen Society and Gujjarpura after heavy rains in the eastern Pakistani city.
Bodies of nine persons, including two children and as many women, were pulled out of the rubble in various part of the city.
A total of 23 people were trapped under the debris. The injured to nearby hospitals by rescue teams and local residents.
A nine-year-old boy was killed when an electric wire fell on him due to strong winds in Harbanspura.
Pre-monsoon rains hit Lahore last night and the downpour continued today. The rainfall has inundated roads and low-lying areas in parts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town