Ten killed as heavy rain lashes Lahore
Lahore: At least 10 people, including three children, were killed and several others injured on Saturday in rain-related incidents in Lahore.
Five buildings collapsed in Shah Jamal, Jallo Morr, Walton Road, Ameen Society and Gujjarpura after heavy rains in the eastern Pakistani city.
Bodies of nine persons, including two children and as many women, were pulled out of the rubble in various part of the city.
A total of 23 people were trapped under the debris. The injured to nearby hospitals by rescue teams and local residents.
A nine-year-old boy was killed when an electric wire fell on him due to strong winds in Harbanspura.
Pre-monsoon rains hit Lahore last night and the downpour continued today. The rainfall has inundated roads and low-lying areas in parts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog