Ten killed as heavy rain lashes Lahore
Lahore: At least 10 people, including three children, were killed and several others injured on Saturday in rain-related incidents in Lahore.
Five buildings collapsed in Shah Jamal, Jallo Morr, Walton Road, Ameen Society and Gujjarpura after heavy rains in the eastern Pakistani city.
Bodies of nine persons, including two children and as many women, were pulled out of the rubble in various part of the city.
A total of 23 people were trapped under the debris. The injured to nearby hospitals by rescue teams and local residents.
A nine-year-old boy was killed when an electric wire fell on him due to strong winds in Harbanspura.
Pre-monsoon rains hit Lahore last night and the downpour continued today. The rainfall has inundated roads and low-lying areas in parts of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?