Terror alert sounded across Pakistan
Acting on information provided by intelligence reports, Pakistan`s Interior Ministry has declared a high alert across the country.
The interior ministry has alerted all provincial home departments, provincial police chiefs and provincial heads of other Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs), directing them to increase security across the country.
A few media houses and television anchors have also been provided with security after the TTP said it will target journalists and media houses perceived to be working against their extremist agenda.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik said additional police officers have been deployed to guard the offices of media organisations and policemen in plain clothes are assigned to protect anchorpersons. TTP chief Hakimullah Mehsud has compiled a list of targets and directed the group``s fighters to launch attacks against national and international media outlets in the country, revealed the intelligence report. The terrorists are also planning an attack on ``terror mastermind`` Hafiz Saeed, founder of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), the intelligence report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked