Terror alert sounded across Pakistan
Acting on information provided by intelligence reports, Pakistan`s Interior Ministry has declared a high alert across the country.
The interior ministry has alerted all provincial home departments, provincial police chiefs and provincial heads of other Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs), directing them to increase security across the country.
A few media houses and television anchors have also been provided with security after the TTP said it will target journalists and media houses perceived to be working against their extremist agenda.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik said additional police officers have been deployed to guard the offices of media organisations and policemen in plain clothes are assigned to protect anchorpersons. TTP chief Hakimullah Mehsud has compiled a list of targets and directed the group``s fighters to launch attacks against national and international media outlets in the country, revealed the intelligence report. The terrorists are also planning an attack on ``terror mastermind`` Hafiz Saeed, founder of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), the intelligence report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH