Terror alert sounded across Pakistan
Acting on information provided by intelligence reports, Pakistan`s Interior Ministry has declared a high alert across the country.
The interior ministry has alerted all provincial home departments, provincial police chiefs and provincial heads of other Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs), directing them to increase security across the country.
A few media houses and television anchors have also been provided with security after the TTP said it will target journalists and media houses perceived to be working against their extremist agenda.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik said additional police officers have been deployed to guard the offices of media organisations and policemen in plain clothes are assigned to protect anchorpersons. TTP chief Hakimullah Mehsud has compiled a list of targets and directed the group``s fighters to launch attacks against national and international media outlets in the country, revealed the intelligence report. The terrorists are also planning an attack on ``terror mastermind`` Hafiz Saeed, founder of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), the intelligence report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact