Terror threat at Benazir International Airport
Islamabad: A search operation was carried out at Pakistan`s Benazir Bhutto International Airport here early Saturday following security threats.
Contingents of the Rangers sealed all the roads leading to the airport and vacated the parking area. The officials also stopped passengers from going inside the airport, Geo News reported.
The airport authorities, though, termed the move as a routine search over the fear of terrorist attack.
The airport, the country`s third largest, was finally given a clearance by paramilitary soldiers around 6 am.
Only three days ago, the intelligence agencies had warned about a potential terror attack on the airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks