Terrorist attack foiled in Afghanistan
Kabul: A terror attack has been thwarted in Afghanistan`s Helmand province, said the provincial government Sunday after a car bomb was defused.
"A car bomb was found and defused by personnel of National Directorate of Security (NDS) Saturday on a compound in Nawa district," reports quoted an official release as stating.
The terrorists intended to attack an official ceremony in Nawa district during which security responsibilities of the district were handed over from NATO-led coalition troops to Afghan security forces, it said.
Helmand`s provincial capital Lashkar Gah, which is over 550 km south of national capital Kabul, was among the seven areas where Afghan army and police took full control of security from NATO and US forces in July this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed