Terrorist attack foiled in Afghanistan
Kabul: A terror attack has been thwarted in Afghanistan`s Helmand province, said the provincial government Sunday after a car bomb was defused.
"A car bomb was found and defused by personnel of National Directorate of Security (NDS) Saturday on a compound in Nawa district," reports quoted an official release as stating.
The terrorists intended to attack an official ceremony in Nawa district during which security responsibilities of the district were handed over from NATO-led coalition troops to Afghan security forces, it said.
Helmand`s provincial capital Lashkar Gah, which is over 550 km south of national capital Kabul, was among the seven areas where Afghan army and police took full control of security from NATO and US forces in July this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani