Terrorist attack foiled in Afghanistan
Kabul: A terror attack has been thwarted in Afghanistan`s Helmand province, said the provincial government Sunday after a car bomb was defused.
"A car bomb was found and defused by personnel of National Directorate of Security (NDS) Saturday on a compound in Nawa district," reports quoted an official release as stating.
The terrorists intended to attack an official ceremony in Nawa district during which security responsibilities of the district were handed over from NATO-led coalition troops to Afghan security forces, it said.
Helmand`s provincial capital Lashkar Gah, which is over 550 km south of national capital Kabul, was among the seven areas where Afghan army and police took full control of security from NATO and US forces in July this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir