Terrorist attack foiled in Afghanistan
Kabul: A terror attack has been thwarted in Afghanistan`s Helmand province, said the provincial government Sunday after a car bomb was defused.
"A car bomb was found and defused by personnel of National Directorate of Security (NDS) Saturday on a compound in Nawa district," reports quoted an official release as stating.
The terrorists intended to attack an official ceremony in Nawa district during which security responsibilities of the district were handed over from NATO-led coalition troops to Afghan security forces, it said.
Helmand`s provincial capital Lashkar Gah, which is over 550 km south of national capital Kabul, was among the seven areas where Afghan army and police took full control of security from NATO and US forces in July this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai