Terrorist attack foiled in Afghanistan
Kabul: A terror attack has been thwarted in Afghanistan`s Helmand province, said the provincial government Sunday after a car bomb was defused.
"A car bomb was found and defused by personnel of National Directorate of Security (NDS) Saturday on a compound in Nawa district," reports quoted an official release as stating.
The terrorists intended to attack an official ceremony in Nawa district during which security responsibilities of the district were handed over from NATO-led coalition troops to Afghan security forces, it said.
Helmand`s provincial capital Lashkar Gah, which is over 550 km south of national capital Kabul, was among the seven areas where Afghan army and police took full control of security from NATO and US forces in July this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster