‘Terrorist’ Kasab should go to the gallows: Malik
Addu, Maldives: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik, on Thursday, said that Ajmal Amir Kasab, who has been sentenced to death for the 2008 Mumbai attack, should be hanged.
Speaking to Indian journalists on the sidelines of the SAARC summit here, Malik said, “Kasab is a terrorist. He is a non-state actor. He should go to gallows.”
Importantly, immediately after the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, Malik had denied that Kasab even existed only to later, in January 2009, he acknowledged that he is a Pakistani but with a rider that he was a ‘non-state’ actor.
With regards to how Pakistan intends to move forward on ensuring that Kasab pays for his crime, Malik said that Islamabad was awaiting a visit of the Judicial Commission to India to get some evidence.
“Once that Commission will go to India, its findings are important for the judicial process in Pakistan. When the findings are there, they will be covering all the legal sides.
Then there will be some judicially-satisfactory statement,” he pointed out.
Asked about Pakistan removing Jamat-ud-Dawa from the
terror list, Malik said, "Information is not evidence and
there is need for concrete legal evidence for keeping them in
the terror list".
On the release of JuD founder Hafiz Saeed, he said, "He
was bailed out by the highest court of Pakistan and the
government can`t do anything about it".
He reiterated Pakistan`s stand that it was not aware of
Osama bin Laden`s presence in the country. He said bin Laden
was trained by intelligence agencies like CIA and ISI and he
knew how to hide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez