Terrorists can`t force Pakistan to accept their terms: Kayani
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: A day after three military officers were killed in an IED blast in Upper Dir area, Pakistan`s Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Monday sought to issue a terse warning to terrorists saying militants should not have any “misgivings” about being able to dictate terms to Pakistan Army.
Kayani asserted that Pakistani Army was capable of fighting terrorists and those responsible for military officers’ deaths would be taken to task.
Yesterday Maj. Gen. Sanaullah, Lt. Col. Tauseef and Lance Naik Irfan Sattar were killed when Taliban militants detonated an explosive device (IED) in Upper Dir area.
Warning militants, Kayani said Pakistan Army has the ability and the will to take the fight to the terrorists.
Balancing his tough remarks Kayani also said that though it was “understandable to give peace a chance through a political process” but terrorists should not be in a misconception that they could “coerce us into accepting their terms”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details