Terrorists can`t force Pakistan to accept their terms: Kayani
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: A day after three military officers were killed in an IED blast in Upper Dir area, Pakistan`s Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Monday sought to issue a terse warning to terrorists saying militants should not have any “misgivings” about being able to dictate terms to Pakistan Army.
Kayani asserted that Pakistani Army was capable of fighting terrorists and those responsible for military officers’ deaths would be taken to task.
Yesterday Maj. Gen. Sanaullah, Lt. Col. Tauseef and Lance Naik Irfan Sattar were killed when Taliban militants detonated an explosive device (IED) in Upper Dir area.
Warning militants, Kayani said Pakistan Army has the ability and the will to take the fight to the terrorists.
Balancing his tough remarks Kayani also said that though it was “understandable to give peace a chance through a political process” but terrorists should not be in a misconception that they could “coerce us into accepting their terms”.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know