Thanks for going out of the way to help: Krishna to Pak
Phnom Penh: India on Tuesday thanked Pakistan for going "out of their way" in providing all possible assistance to passengers of the Air India flight that made an emergency landing in the neighbouring country`s southern Sindh province.
"I would like to convey my sincere appreciation and my thanks to the helpful attitude and cooperation that we received when an Air India flight had to land in Pakistan," External Affairs Minister S M Krishna said here.
He added, "I think the Government of Pakistan went out of their way to make things easy for all those who were inside the aircraft and they provided every possible assistance including feeding the passengers who were on board the aircraft," he said.
"This certainly is something which India deeply appreciates," Krishna, who is here to attend an ASEAN meet, said.
Yesterday, over 120 passengers and crew of an Air India plane from Abu Dhabi had made an emergency landing in Pakistan`s Nawabshah airport after emergency lights in the cockpit showed that the hydraulics had failed.
A relief plane was then sent to Pakistan to bring back the passengers who arrived later in the evening.
Meanwhile, Krishna arrived here this evening from Tokyo to participate in the 10th ASEAN India Ministerial meeting, the Second East Asia Summit Foreign Ministerial meeting and the 19th ASEAN Regional Forum Ministerial meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray