Thanks for going out of the way to help: Krishna to Pak
Phnom Penh: India on Tuesday thanked Pakistan for going "out of their way" in providing all possible assistance to passengers of the Air India flight that made an emergency landing in the neighbouring country`s southern Sindh province.
"I would like to convey my sincere appreciation and my thanks to the helpful attitude and cooperation that we received when an Air India flight had to land in Pakistan," External Affairs Minister S M Krishna said here.
He added, "I think the Government of Pakistan went out of their way to make things easy for all those who were inside the aircraft and they provided every possible assistance including feeding the passengers who were on board the aircraft," he said.
"This certainly is something which India deeply appreciates," Krishna, who is here to attend an ASEAN meet, said.
Yesterday, over 120 passengers and crew of an Air India plane from Abu Dhabi had made an emergency landing in Pakistan`s Nawabshah airport after emergency lights in the cockpit showed that the hydraulics had failed.
A relief plane was then sent to Pakistan to bring back the passengers who arrived later in the evening.
Meanwhile, Krishna arrived here this evening from Tokyo to participate in the 10th ASEAN India Ministerial meeting, the Second East Asia Summit Foreign Ministerial meeting and the 19th ASEAN Regional Forum Ministerial meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday