‘Those terming Haqqanis asset for country do not represent Pak govt’
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has said whoever considers terror outfit Haqqani network ``an asset for Pakistan`` could not be a representative of the Pakistani government.
Khar said this in response to a question being asked by the moderator of a discussion held by Asia Society in New York, who asked her about an interview given by Army Chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani to the New York Times four years ago in which he allegedly stated that he considered the Haqqani network an "asset" for Pakistan.
The Nation quoted Khar, as saying that Kayani did not hold such opinions in the present circumstances.
Khar said there are almost three million Afghan refugees in the country, with the Haqqanis being one of them.
She added that 57,000 people cross over to Pakistan unchecked everyday, and when one of them attacks someone, it is Pakistan who gets blamed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’