‘Those terming Haqqanis asset for country do not represent Pak govt’
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has said whoever considers terror outfit Haqqani network ``an asset for Pakistan`` could not be a representative of the Pakistani government.
Khar said this in response to a question being asked by the moderator of a discussion held by Asia Society in New York, who asked her about an interview given by Army Chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani to the New York Times four years ago in which he allegedly stated that he considered the Haqqani network an "asset" for Pakistan.
The Nation quoted Khar, as saying that Kayani did not hold such opinions in the present circumstances.
Khar said there are almost three million Afghan refugees in the country, with the Haqqanis being one of them.
She added that 57,000 people cross over to Pakistan unchecked everyday, and when one of them attacks someone, it is Pakistan who gets blamed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'