‘Those terming Haqqanis asset for country do not represent Pak govt’
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has said whoever considers terror outfit Haqqani network ``an asset for Pakistan`` could not be a representative of the Pakistani government.
Khar said this in response to a question being asked by the moderator of a discussion held by Asia Society in New York, who asked her about an interview given by Army Chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani to the New York Times four years ago in which he allegedly stated that he considered the Haqqani network an "asset" for Pakistan.
The Nation quoted Khar, as saying that Kayani did not hold such opinions in the present circumstances.
Khar said there are almost three million Afghan refugees in the country, with the Haqqanis being one of them.
She added that 57,000 people cross over to Pakistan unchecked everyday, and when one of them attacks someone, it is Pakistan who gets blamed.
- Indian man hacks Dawood Ibrahim's call details, plans to give many secret details to PM Modi
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...