Three Afghan election staff found killed
Kabul: The bodies of three election workers abducted as the country voted in Parliamentary Election on Saturday have been found in north Afghanistan, the head of the Independent Election Commission (IEC) said on Sunday.
"Unfortunately three IEC workers who were abducted yesterday in the Chemtal district of Balkh province were killed and we found their bodies today," said Fazil Ahmad Manawi.
He said the IEC also had reports of up to 29 other election workers wounded.
The Taliban had vowed to disrupt the poll and staged a number of attacks yesterday, security officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka