Three Afghan election staff found killed
Kabul: The bodies of three election workers abducted as the country voted in Parliamentary Election on Saturday have been found in north Afghanistan, the head of the Independent Election Commission (IEC) said on Sunday.
"Unfortunately three IEC workers who were abducted yesterday in the Chemtal district of Balkh province were killed and we found their bodies today," said Fazil Ahmad Manawi.
He said the IEC also had reports of up to 29 other election workers wounded.
The Taliban had vowed to disrupt the poll and staged a number of attacks yesterday, security officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16