Three Afghan election staff found killed
Kabul: The bodies of three election workers abducted as the country voted in Parliamentary Election on Saturday have been found in north Afghanistan, the head of the Independent Election Commission (IEC) said on Sunday.
"Unfortunately three IEC workers who were abducted yesterday in the Chemtal district of Balkh province were killed and we found their bodies today," said Fazil Ahmad Manawi.
He said the IEC also had reports of up to 29 other election workers wounded.
The Taliban had vowed to disrupt the poll and staged a number of attacks yesterday, security officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?