Three Afghan youths killed in Taliban attack
Kabul: Three Afghan youths were killed while playing football and four injured when a rocket fired by the Taliban landed in the country`s Kandahar province Saturday.
"Three footballers were killed and four injured as the rocket fired by the Taliban hit a football in Maiwound district at around 5.45 p.m. Saturday," Xinhua quoted provincial government spokesperson Jawid Faisal as saying.
The Kandahar province is a known Taliban hotbed.
Earlier Saturday, three civilians and four policemen were wounded when an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) attached to a bicycle went off in neighbouring Spin Boldak district.
Over 2,500 Afghan civilians were killed and more than 5,000 wounded in Taliban-led attacks and violence last year, according to Afghan and UN assistance mission officials to Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble