Three Afghan youths killed in Taliban attack
Kabul: Three Afghan youths were killed while playing football and four injured when a rocket fired by the Taliban landed in the country`s Kandahar province Saturday.
"Three footballers were killed and four injured as the rocket fired by the Taliban hit a football in Maiwound district at around 5.45 p.m. Saturday," Xinhua quoted provincial government spokesperson Jawid Faisal as saying.
The Kandahar province is a known Taliban hotbed.
Earlier Saturday, three civilians and four policemen were wounded when an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) attached to a bicycle went off in neighbouring Spin Boldak district.
Over 2,500 Afghan civilians were killed and more than 5,000 wounded in Taliban-led attacks and violence last year, according to Afghan and UN assistance mission officials to Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi