Three Afghan youths killed in Taliban attack
Kabul: Three Afghan youths were killed while playing football and four injured when a rocket fired by the Taliban landed in the country`s Kandahar province Saturday.
"Three footballers were killed and four injured as the rocket fired by the Taliban hit a football in Maiwound district at around 5.45 p.m. Saturday," Xinhua quoted provincial government spokesperson Jawid Faisal as saying.
The Kandahar province is a known Taliban hotbed.
Earlier Saturday, three civilians and four policemen were wounded when an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) attached to a bicycle went off in neighbouring Spin Boldak district.
Over 2,500 Afghan civilians were killed and more than 5,000 wounded in Taliban-led attacks and violence last year, according to Afghan and UN assistance mission officials to Afghanistan.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note