Three Afghan youths killed in Taliban attack
Kabul: Three Afghan youths were killed while playing football and four injured when a rocket fired by the Taliban landed in the country`s Kandahar province Saturday.
"Three footballers were killed and four injured as the rocket fired by the Taliban hit a football in Maiwound district at around 5.45 p.m. Saturday," Xinhua quoted provincial government spokesperson Jawid Faisal as saying.
The Kandahar province is a known Taliban hotbed.
Earlier Saturday, three civilians and four policemen were wounded when an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) attached to a bicycle went off in neighbouring Spin Boldak district.
Over 2,500 Afghan civilians were killed and more than 5,000 wounded in Taliban-led attacks and violence last year, according to Afghan and UN assistance mission officials to Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya