Three al Qaeda leaders arrested in Pakistan
Islamabad: Three al Qaeda leaders have been arrested near Pakistan`s Quetta city, the Pakistani military said in a statement.
Younis Al Mauritania was apprehended together with Abdul Ghaffar al-Shami and Messara al-Shami, the statement said.
Al Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden - who was killed in Pakistan in May - had personally asked Al Mauritania to "focus on hitting targets of economic importance in US, Europe and Australia", the statement said.
"He was planning to target US economic interests including gas and oil pipelines, power generating dams and strike ships and oil tankers through explosive-laden speed boats in international waters," it said.
The arrests were made following cooperation between Pakistan`s spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and the CIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday