Three arrested in Nepal with fake Indian currency
Kathmandu: Three people, including two Pakistani nationals, have been arrested here in connection with a fake Indian currency racket.
A special team of Nepal Police arrested the three men -- Mohamad Minulla, Sohail Mohamad, both Pakistani nationals and Basir Miya, a resident of Bara district in southern Nepal -- from a hotel in New Road in the heart of the capital city.
Fake currency with a face value of Rs 29,500 was seized from them. The currency was being trafficked to India through land route, Jaya Bahadur Chand, chief of Kathmandu Metropolitan Police Circle said.
They have been sent to police custody and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details