Three bodies dumped in gunny bags in Karachi
Islamabad: Three bodies were found in gunny bags in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi around Thursday midnight, Geo News reported.
The victims were kidnapped, tortured and shot to death before being dumped in the gunny bags, police said, adding that the bodies were recovered from different locations in the metropolis. The deceased were yet to be identified.
Karachi, the capital city of Sindh province, went through one of its worst 12 months in recent years. More than 2,000 people in 2012 lost their lives to violent incidents, including targeted attacks on political, ethnic and sectarian grounds, with a staggering increase in militancy.
"A total of 423 people were killed in targeted attacks," said a Sindh police spokesperson recently. "Over 1,600 people were murdered due to personal enmity. Similarly, more than 100 policemen lost their lives in Karachi while performing duties."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic