Three bodies dumped in gunny bags in Karachi
Islamabad: Three bodies were found in gunny bags in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi around Thursday midnight, Geo News reported.
The victims were kidnapped, tortured and shot to death before being dumped in the gunny bags, police said, adding that the bodies were recovered from different locations in the metropolis. The deceased were yet to be identified.
Karachi, the capital city of Sindh province, went through one of its worst 12 months in recent years. More than 2,000 people in 2012 lost their lives to violent incidents, including targeted attacks on political, ethnic and sectarian grounds, with a staggering increase in militancy.
"A total of 423 people were killed in targeted attacks," said a Sindh police spokesperson recently. "Over 1,600 people were murdered due to personal enmity. Similarly, more than 100 policemen lost their lives in Karachi while performing duties."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw