Three bodies dumped in gunny bags in Karachi
Islamabad: Three bodies were found in gunny bags in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi around Thursday midnight, Geo News reported.
The victims were kidnapped, tortured and shot to death before being dumped in the gunny bags, police said, adding that the bodies were recovered from different locations in the metropolis. The deceased were yet to be identified.
Karachi, the capital city of Sindh province, went through one of its worst 12 months in recent years. More than 2,000 people in 2012 lost their lives to violent incidents, including targeted attacks on political, ethnic and sectarian grounds, with a staggering increase in militancy.
"A total of 423 people were killed in targeted attacks," said a Sindh police spokesperson recently. "Over 1,600 people were murdered due to personal enmity. Similarly, more than 100 policemen lost their lives in Karachi while performing duties."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly