Three bodies dumped in gunny bags in Karachi
Islamabad: Three bodies were found in gunny bags in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi around Thursday midnight, Geo News reported.
The victims were kidnapped, tortured and shot to death before being dumped in the gunny bags, police said, adding that the bodies were recovered from different locations in the metropolis. The deceased were yet to be identified.
Karachi, the capital city of Sindh province, went through one of its worst 12 months in recent years. More than 2,000 people in 2012 lost their lives to violent incidents, including targeted attacks on political, ethnic and sectarian grounds, with a staggering increase in militancy.
"A total of 423 people were killed in targeted attacks," said a Sindh police spokesperson recently. "Over 1,600 people were murdered due to personal enmity. Similarly, more than 100 policemen lost their lives in Karachi while performing duties."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal