Three children killed in building collapse in Pak
Karachi: At least three children were
killed and many people injured after a four-story building
collapsed on Thursday in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, officials
Police and rescue officials said they were still
trying to remove the debris and rescue people trapped
underneath it in the Lyari area of old Karachi.
"There are still some people trapped under the rubble
as they were around 78 people living in the residential
building," a police official said.
He said more than 20 people, including women and
children, have been rescued from the rubble, while residents
of the area are currently helping with the rescue operation.
All injured have been shifted to a nearby hospital.
Rescuers are finding it difficult to reach to the
trapped residents because of the congested pathway leading to
the collapse site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why