Three children killed in building collapse in Pak
Karachi: At least three children were
killed and many people injured after a four-story building
collapsed on Thursday in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, officials
Police and rescue officials said they were still
trying to remove the debris and rescue people trapped
underneath it in the Lyari area of old Karachi.
"There are still some people trapped under the rubble
as they were around 78 people living in the residential
building," a police official said.
He said more than 20 people, including women and
children, have been rescued from the rubble, while residents
of the area are currently helping with the rescue operation.
All injured have been shifted to a nearby hospital.
Rescuers are finding it difficult to reach to the
trapped residents because of the congested pathway leading to
the collapse site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini