Three children killed in building collapse in Pak
Karachi: At least three children were
killed and many people injured after a four-story building
collapsed on Thursday in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, officials
Police and rescue officials said they were still
trying to remove the debris and rescue people trapped
underneath it in the Lyari area of old Karachi.
"There are still some people trapped under the rubble
as they were around 78 people living in the residential
building," a police official said.
He said more than 20 people, including women and
children, have been rescued from the rubble, while residents
of the area are currently helping with the rescue operation.
All injured have been shifted to a nearby hospital.
Rescuers are finding it difficult to reach to the
trapped residents because of the congested pathway leading to
the collapse site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- A carnival of contrasting views near Cleveland''s Republican convention
- PML-N sweeps assembly polls in Pakistan occupied Kashmir
- PokéDates is here! Now, find love while catching Pokemon
- Quit TV as I couldn't do saas-bahu shows: Surveen Chawla
- Know who influences Shah Rukh Khan’s life – Details inside