Three children killed in building collapse in Pak
Karachi: At least three children were
killed and many people injured after a four-story building
collapsed on Thursday in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, officials
Police and rescue officials said they were still
trying to remove the debris and rescue people trapped
underneath it in the Lyari area of old Karachi.
"There are still some people trapped under the rubble
as they were around 78 people living in the residential
building," a police official said.
He said more than 20 people, including women and
children, have been rescued from the rubble, while residents
of the area are currently helping with the rescue operation.
All injured have been shifted to a nearby hospital.
Rescuers are finding it difficult to reach to the
trapped residents because of the congested pathway leading to
the collapse site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state