Three die in Kandahar suicide bombing
Kandahar: At least three civilians were killed Saturday in a suicide bomb attack in Afghanistan`s Kandahar city, said an army official.
"The blast occurred around 9.30 am in front of a private hospital along a road leading to the Kandahar International Airport, killing three civilians," General Abdul Hamid, commander of the Afghan army regional corps, told Xinhua.
He said the likely target of the attack was a joint convoy of the NATO-led troops and Afghan army soldiers. He added no member of the convoy was injured in the attack.
Security forces have cordon off the area.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened