Three Iranian border guards freed by Pak
Islamabad: Three Iranian border guards
detained by Pakistani authorities after they shot and killed a
Pakistani national were freed today after the dead man`s
family pardoned them.
Magistrate Kharan Abdul Rahsid Umrani issued directives
for the release of the Iranian guards after they were pardoned
by the family of Saeed Ahmed, the man they shot dead after
crossing the border and entering Pakistan’s Balochistan
province on January 1.
Deputy Commissioner Saeed Jamali of Washuk district said
the Iranian guards were handed over to Iranian officials at a
The Iranian guards were arrested on charges of entering
Pakistan and killing a Pakistani national.
Reports said the Iranians were pursuing two men in a car
whom they believed were involved in cross-border smuggling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan