Three Iranian border guards freed by Pak
Islamabad: Three Iranian border guards
detained by Pakistani authorities after they shot and killed a
Pakistani national were freed today after the dead man`s
family pardoned them.
Magistrate Kharan Abdul Rahsid Umrani issued directives
for the release of the Iranian guards after they were pardoned
by the family of Saeed Ahmed, the man they shot dead after
crossing the border and entering Pakistan’s Balochistan
province on January 1.
Deputy Commissioner Saeed Jamali of Washuk district said
the Iranian guards were handed over to Iranian officials at a
The Iranian guards were arrested on charges of entering
Pakistan and killing a Pakistani national.
Reports said the Iranians were pursuing two men in a car
whom they believed were involved in cross-border smuggling.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'