Three Iranian border guards freed by Pak
Islamabad: Three Iranian border guards
detained by Pakistani authorities after they shot and killed a
Pakistani national were freed today after the dead man`s
family pardoned them.
Magistrate Kharan Abdul Rahsid Umrani issued directives
for the release of the Iranian guards after they were pardoned
by the family of Saeed Ahmed, the man they shot dead after
crossing the border and entering Pakistan’s Balochistan
province on January 1.
Deputy Commissioner Saeed Jamali of Washuk district said
the Iranian guards were handed over to Iranian officials at a
The Iranian guards were arrested on charges of entering
Pakistan and killing a Pakistani national.
Reports said the Iranians were pursuing two men in a car
whom they believed were involved in cross-border smuggling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal