Three killed in Karachi
Islamabad: At least two people were killed in a hand grenade attack near a hotel and one body was found in a sack in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi on Saturday. Incidents of firing were also reported from various areas.
The body packed in a sack was recovered from a vehicle in Thakistan area, Online news agency reported. In a separate incident, two people were killed and five injured after some unidentified people fired handgrenades near a hotel.
Incidents of firing were reported in Karachi`s various areas, including Saddar, Keemari, Banaras, Qaid Abad, Gulistan-e-Joher, Gulshan Iqbal, Sehrab Goth, Safoora Goth, Maleer, Shah Faisal, Landhi, Korangi, National Highway, Super Highway and Hub Raver road.
Heavy police contingents have been deployed to handle the situation. Police have arrested over 50 suspects during a search operation and seized weapons from their possession.
On Aug 5, Pakistan`s Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said over 800 people were killed in ethnic, sectarian and political violence in Karachi this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking