Three killed in Karachi
Islamabad: At least two people were killed in a hand grenade attack near a hotel and one body was found in a sack in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi on Saturday. Incidents of firing were also reported from various areas.
The body packed in a sack was recovered from a vehicle in Thakistan area, Online news agency reported. In a separate incident, two people were killed and five injured after some unidentified people fired handgrenades near a hotel.
Incidents of firing were reported in Karachi`s various areas, including Saddar, Keemari, Banaras, Qaid Abad, Gulistan-e-Joher, Gulshan Iqbal, Sehrab Goth, Safoora Goth, Maleer, Shah Faisal, Landhi, Korangi, National Highway, Super Highway and Hub Raver road.
Heavy police contingents have been deployed to handle the situation. Police have arrested over 50 suspects during a search operation and seized weapons from their possession.
On Aug 5, Pakistan`s Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said over 800 people were killed in ethnic, sectarian and political violence in Karachi this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar