Three killed in Karachi
Islamabad: At least two people were killed in a hand grenade attack near a hotel and one body was found in a sack in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi on Saturday. Incidents of firing were also reported from various areas.
The body packed in a sack was recovered from a vehicle in Thakistan area, Online news agency reported. In a separate incident, two people were killed and five injured after some unidentified people fired handgrenades near a hotel.
Incidents of firing were reported in Karachi`s various areas, including Saddar, Keemari, Banaras, Qaid Abad, Gulistan-e-Joher, Gulshan Iqbal, Sehrab Goth, Safoora Goth, Maleer, Shah Faisal, Landhi, Korangi, National Highway, Super Highway and Hub Raver road.
Heavy police contingents have been deployed to handle the situation. Police have arrested over 50 suspects during a search operation and seized weapons from their possession.
On Aug 5, Pakistan`s Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said over 800 people were killed in ethnic, sectarian and political violence in Karachi this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad