Three killed in suicide car bombing in Afghanistan
Maidan Shahr: A suicide car bomb on Friday rocked Maidan Shahr, the capital of Wardak province, killing the bomber and two other people and injuring 40, most of them civilians, reported Xinhua.
"The suicide attacker rode an explosive-laden vehicle and detonated it next to a police centre, killing three people including himself and injuring 40 others, some police and mostly civilians," provincial police chief Baqizoi told Xinhua. Wardak is 35 km west of Kabul.
He added that investigation was underway.
Zabihullah Mujahid, who speaks for the Taliban outfit, claimed responsibility to the media via telephone from unknown location.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference