Three killed in suicide car bombing in Afghanistan
Maidan Shahr: A suicide car bomb on Friday rocked Maidan Shahr, the capital of Wardak province, killing the bomber and two other people and injuring 40, most of them civilians, reported Xinhua.
"The suicide attacker rode an explosive-laden vehicle and detonated it next to a police centre, killing three people including himself and injuring 40 others, some police and mostly civilians," provincial police chief Baqizoi told Xinhua. Wardak is 35 km west of Kabul.
He added that investigation was underway.
Zabihullah Mujahid, who speaks for the Taliban outfit, claimed responsibility to the media via telephone from unknown location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites