Three killed in suicide car bombing in Afghanistan
Maidan Shahr: A suicide car bomb on Friday rocked Maidan Shahr, the capital of Wardak province, killing the bomber and two other people and injuring 40, most of them civilians, reported Xinhua.
"The suicide attacker rode an explosive-laden vehicle and detonated it next to a police centre, killing three people including himself and injuring 40 others, some police and mostly civilians," provincial police chief Baqizoi told Xinhua. Wardak is 35 km west of Kabul.
He added that investigation was underway.
Zabihullah Mujahid, who speaks for the Taliban outfit, claimed responsibility to the media via telephone from unknown location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof