Three killed in suicide car bombing in Afghanistan
Maidan Shahr: A suicide car bomb on Friday rocked Maidan Shahr, the capital of Wardak province, killing the bomber and two other people and injuring 40, most of them civilians, reported Xinhua.
"The suicide attacker rode an explosive-laden vehicle and detonated it next to a police centre, killing three people including himself and injuring 40 others, some police and mostly civilians," provincial police chief Baqizoi told Xinhua. Wardak is 35 km west of Kabul.
He added that investigation was underway.
Zabihullah Mujahid, who speaks for the Taliban outfit, claimed responsibility to the media via telephone from unknown location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them