Three killed in suicide car bombing in Afghanistan
Maidan Shahr: A suicide car bomb on Friday rocked Maidan Shahr, the capital of Wardak province, killing the bomber and two other people and injuring 40, most of them civilians, reported Xinhua.
"The suicide attacker rode an explosive-laden vehicle and detonated it next to a police centre, killing three people including himself and injuring 40 others, some police and mostly civilians," provincial police chief Baqizoi told Xinhua. Wardak is 35 km west of Kabul.
He added that investigation was underway.
Zabihullah Mujahid, who speaks for the Taliban outfit, claimed responsibility to the media via telephone from unknown location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch