Three killed in US drone attack in Pak`s northwest
Islamabad: A US drone fired missiles at a house used by militants in a village in Pakistan`s restive North Waziristan tribal region killing at least three people, the third such strike in the area in less than a week.
The drone attack took place yesterday in Mirali area of North Waziristan tribal agency, TV news channels reported.
Three suspected militants died in the third drone attack in the region in less than a week, they said.
Earlier, eight militants were killed in two separate US drone attacks in the area on December 31 and January 1 respectively.
A car parked outside the house targeted in today`s attack was also destroyed.
The Mirali area is a stronghold of Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan