Three killed in US drone attack in Pak`s northwest
Islamabad: A US drone fired missiles at a house used by militants in a village in Pakistan`s restive North Waziristan tribal region killing at least three people, the third such strike in the area in less than a week.
The drone attack took place yesterday in Mirali area of North Waziristan tribal agency, TV news channels reported.
Three suspected militants died in the third drone attack in the region in less than a week, they said.
Earlier, eight militants were killed in two separate US drone attacks in the area on December 31 and January 1 respectively.
A car parked outside the house targeted in today`s attack was also destroyed.
The Mirali area is a stronghold of Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing