close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Three labourers died of suffocation in Nepal

Three labourers died of suffocation on the outskirt of the Nepalese capital.



Kathmandu: Three labourers died of
suffocation inside store room of a marriage hall on the
outskirt of the Nepalese capital, police said on Sunday.

They said the labourers had gone to sleep after a
wedding party at Om Sai Catering Party Palace at Purano
Baneshwor area on Friday midnight.
The next morning they were found dead, they said.

Local police inspector Khagendra Prasai said the trio
could have died of suffocation as they were exposed to carbon
monoxide coupled with shortage of oxygen in the poorly
ventilated room packed with gas cylinders.
The store room where they slept was full of cooking
gas cylinders, kitchen utensils and daily use goods, he said.

The trio had also consumed alcohol as an empty bottle
of homemade alcohol was also found st the scene.

The deceased have been identified as Gopi Tamang of
Sindhupalchowk district, Prajjwol Bhujel of Sindhuli and
Dinesh Karki of Dolakha, police said.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions