Three lawyers shot dead in Karachi
Islamabad: Unidentified men in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi killed three lawyers while seriously injuring another Wednesday.
The incident occurred when the four lawyers were travelling in a car near Karachi`s Aram Bagh area. The fourth lawyer was in critical condition and undergoing surgery at the Civil Hospital, the Geo News reported.
Describing the act as target killing, the police said the attackers were riding motorcycles and chased the lawyers from the city court.
Lawyers fraternity, later, called for its nationwide strike in protest of the killings.
The lawyers were shot at close range, said a hospital official.
Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has summonned a report from Inspector General of Sindh province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Novak Djokovic beats scare, Rafael Nadal eases at revamped US Open
- Colombia ceasefire ends half-century war with FARC
- Embarrassment for Congress as Navjot Singh Sidhu's wife criticises Amarinder Singh
- Why cholera is more deadly for people with type O blood
- US Open: Andy Murray, Serena Williams swing into action on Day 2