Three lawyers shot dead in Karachi
Islamabad: Unidentified men in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi killed three lawyers while seriously injuring another Wednesday.
The incident occurred when the four lawyers were travelling in a car near Karachi`s Aram Bagh area. The fourth lawyer was in critical condition and undergoing surgery at the Civil Hospital, the Geo News reported.
Describing the act as target killing, the police said the attackers were riding motorcycles and chased the lawyers from the city court.
Lawyers fraternity, later, called for its nationwide strike in protest of the killings.
The lawyers were shot at close range, said a hospital official.
Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has summonned a report from Inspector General of Sindh province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids