Three men shot dead in Quetta
Karachi: Unidentified assailants on Wednesday shot dead three men on a busy road in the southwestern Pakistani city of Quetta.
The three men were travelling in a Pajero wagon when men on motorcycles opened fire on them on Prince road, police said.
"Some passers-by were injured in the firing while the three men died when they were being taken to hospital for treatment," a police official said.
The official declined to give the identity of the men killed but one of them was reportedly the son of a tribal chief in the Balochistan province.
Meanwhile, in Karachi a minor explosion injured two personnel of the paramilitary Rangers in the Manghopir area.
Police said miscreants had planted a road side explosive device which went off when the Rangers vehicle was parked there for snap checking.
"Two personnel were injured in the blast but they are out of danger now," an official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory