Three men shot dead in Quetta
Karachi: Unidentified assailants on Wednesday shot dead three men on a busy road in the southwestern Pakistani city of Quetta.
The three men were travelling in a Pajero wagon when men on motorcycles opened fire on them on Prince road, police said.
"Some passers-by were injured in the firing while the three men died when they were being taken to hospital for treatment," a police official said.
The official declined to give the identity of the men killed but one of them was reportedly the son of a tribal chief in the Balochistan province.
Meanwhile, in Karachi a minor explosion injured two personnel of the paramilitary Rangers in the Manghopir area.
Police said miscreants had planted a road side explosive device which went off when the Rangers vehicle was parked there for snap checking.
"Two personnel were injured in the blast but they are out of danger now," an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened