Three militants killed in US drone attack in Pak tribal region
Peshawar: Three foreign militants were
killed in a US drone strike in North Waziristan tribal region
in northwest Pakistan on Thursday, official sources said.
A missile fired by the unmanned plane hit the
militants as they were standing outside a house by a road in
Eidak area of Mirali sub-division in North Waziristan Agency,
the sources said.
All three militants were killed instantly.
US drones have carried out a series of attacks in
North Waziristan since a suicide bomber linked to the
Pakistani Taliban killed seven CIA operatives at a forward
base in the neighbouring Khost province of Afghanistan in
December last year.
Pakistani leaders have hinted that security forces are
set to launch an operation against the Taliban in North
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know