Three militants killed in US drone attack in Pak tribal region
Peshawar: Three foreign militants were
killed in a US drone strike in North Waziristan tribal region
in northwest Pakistan on Thursday, official sources said.
A missile fired by the unmanned plane hit the
militants as they were standing outside a house by a road in
Eidak area of Mirali sub-division in North Waziristan Agency,
the sources said.
All three militants were killed instantly.
US drones have carried out a series of attacks in
North Waziristan since a suicide bomber linked to the
Pakistani Taliban killed seven CIA operatives at a forward
base in the neighbouring Khost province of Afghanistan in
December last year.
Pakistani leaders have hinted that security forces are
set to launch an operation against the Taliban in North
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list