Three militants killed in US drone attack in Pak tribal region
Peshawar: Three foreign militants were
killed in a US drone strike in North Waziristan tribal region
in northwest Pakistan on Thursday, official sources said.
A missile fired by the unmanned plane hit the
militants as they were standing outside a house by a road in
Eidak area of Mirali sub-division in North Waziristan Agency,
the sources said.
All three militants were killed instantly.
US drones have carried out a series of attacks in
North Waziristan since a suicide bomber linked to the
Pakistani Taliban killed seven CIA operatives at a forward
base in the neighbouring Khost province of Afghanistan in
December last year.
Pakistani leaders have hinted that security forces are
set to launch an operation against the Taliban in North
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi