Three militants killed in US drone attack in Pak tribal region
Peshawar: Three foreign militants were
killed in a US drone strike in North Waziristan tribal region
in northwest Pakistan on Thursday, official sources said.
A missile fired by the unmanned plane hit the
militants as they were standing outside a house by a road in
Eidak area of Mirali sub-division in North Waziristan Agency,
the sources said.
All three militants were killed instantly.
US drones have carried out a series of attacks in
North Waziristan since a suicide bomber linked to the
Pakistani Taliban killed seven CIA operatives at a forward
base in the neighbouring Khost province of Afghanistan in
December last year.
Pakistani leaders have hinted that security forces are
set to launch an operation against the Taliban in North
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins on Saturday
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar