Three militants killed in US drone attack in Pak
Islamabad: At least three militants were killed and several others injured when a US drone targeted a compound in Pakistan`s North Waziristan region on Friday, hours after a CIA-operated spy plane crashed in the restive tribal belt.
The drone fired two missiles at the compound in Mirali area of North Waziristan tribal agency, officials were quoted as saying by the media.
The attack left at least three militants dead and several others injured, they said.
Earlier in the day, a US drone crashed in an uninhabited area near Wana, the main town of South Waziristan tribal agency, local residents and officials said.
There were no reports of damage on the ground due to the crash.
Officials of the local political administration said they were investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali