Three militants killed in US drone attack in Pak
Islamabad: At least three militants were killed and several others injured when a US drone targeted a compound in Pakistan`s North Waziristan region on Friday, hours after a CIA-operated spy plane crashed in the restive tribal belt.
The drone fired two missiles at the compound in Mirali area of North Waziristan tribal agency, officials were quoted as saying by the media.
The attack left at least three militants dead and several others injured, they said.
Earlier in the day, a US drone crashed in an uninhabited area near Wana, the main town of South Waziristan tribal agency, local residents and officials said.
There were no reports of damage on the ground due to the crash.
Officials of the local political administration said they were investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back