Three militants killed in US drone attack in Pak
Islamabad: At least three militants were killed and several others injured when a US drone targeted a compound in Pakistan`s North Waziristan region on Friday, hours after a CIA-operated spy plane crashed in the restive tribal belt.
The drone fired two missiles at the compound in Mirali area of North Waziristan tribal agency, officials were quoted as saying by the media.
The attack left at least three militants dead and several others injured, they said.
Earlier in the day, a US drone crashed in an uninhabited area near Wana, the main town of South Waziristan tribal agency, local residents and officials said.
There were no reports of damage on the ground due to the crash.
Officials of the local political administration said they were investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures