Three militants killed in US drone attack in Pak
Islamabad: At least three militants were killed and several others injured when a US drone targeted a compound in Pakistan`s North Waziristan region on Friday, hours after a CIA-operated spy plane crashed in the restive tribal belt.
The drone fired two missiles at the compound in Mirali area of North Waziristan tribal agency, officials were quoted as saying by the media.
The attack left at least three militants dead and several others injured, they said.
Earlier in the day, a US drone crashed in an uninhabited area near Wana, the main town of South Waziristan tribal agency, local residents and officials said.
There were no reports of damage on the ground due to the crash.
Officials of the local political administration said they were investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren