Three militants killed in US drone attack in Pak
Islamabad: At least three militants were killed and several others injured when a US drone targeted a compound in Pakistan`s North Waziristan region on Friday, hours after a CIA-operated spy plane crashed in the restive tribal belt.
The drone fired two missiles at the compound in Mirali area of North Waziristan tribal agency, officials were quoted as saying by the media.
The attack left at least three militants dead and several others injured, they said.
Earlier in the day, a US drone crashed in an uninhabited area near Wana, the main town of South Waziristan tribal agency, local residents and officials said.
There were no reports of damage on the ground due to the crash.
Officials of the local political administration said they were investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users